District Lottery Office
Kerala State Lottery Department was established in 1967 for the first time in India. The right idea came from the then finance minister of Kerala, Sri. PK Kunju Sahib, who envisaged revenue from the sale of lotteries as a major source of non-tax revenue for the state, at the same time providing a stable income source for the poor and the common.The department which came into existence on 01 September 1967, released its first lottery tickets on November 1, the same year. The ticket valued at Rs. 1, awarded first prize of Rs. 50,000/-.With its humble beginning, the department was to set an example for the entire country. Soon many other states jumped into the bandwagon by starting their own lotteries. However, Kerala State Lotteries remains atop all of them due to its credibility, transparency and reliability and its effective measures for agents’ welfare.
The department now rolls out seven weekly lotteries viz. Pournami, Win-Win, Akshaya, Sthreesakthi, Karunya Plus, Nirmal, Karunya and six bumper lotteries.
The department is headed by the Director of State Lotteries assisted by a Joint Director. The Directorate has three Deputy Directors and four District Lottery Officers (HQ). Among others, the Directorate also comprises of a Finance Officer, Publicity Officer, Accounts Officer (IA) and two Senior Auditors. The department has 465 employees under its directorate located at Vikas Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram, 14 District Offices, 21 Sub Offices, Regional Directorate at Eranakulam and Internal Audit Wing at Kozhikkode.
Services Provided by the Department
The prize winner of lottery shall surrender the prize winning ticket within 30 days of the draw with all necessary documents. Prize upto 1 lakh may be claimed from the District Lottery Offices concerned. Prize winning ticket above Rs. 1 lakh shall be surrendered before the Director of the State Lotteries after affixing the signature, name and address of the prize winner on the back side of the tickets with the following documents.
Prize above one lakh
- Application form along with the photostat copy of both sides of the ticket.
- Two passport size photograph of the prize winner duly attested by a gazetted officer.
- Receipt for the prize money in the prescribed form affixing revenue stamp worth Re. 1/- with signature and full address of the prize winner.
- If the prize winner is a minor, guardianship certificate from competent authority.
- In case of joint claims, one of the prize winner should be authorised to receive the prize money and a joint declaration in stamp paper worth Rs. 50/- should be executed.
- Self attested copy of PAN card.
- Attested document to prove identity (attested copy of Ration card, driving license, passport, election ID card etc).
2 Agency Registration
An individual who is resident of Kerala above age of 18 can become a Kerala State Lotteries agent. The following documents are needed for agency registration.
- Agency registration form.
- PAN card.
- Identity card (Election ID, Aadhaar etc)
- Two passport size photo.
- Rs. 335/- as registration fee.