Lottery Welfare Office
Kerala State Lottery Agents and Sellers Welfare Fund Board was established for the social and economic upliftment of state lottery agents and salesmen as per the Kerala State Lottery Agents and sellers WelfareFund Act of the Kerala State Lottery Agents and Sellers, 2008.
There are eleven members in the Welfare Fund Board of State lottery agents and sellers, including four official members and seven unofficial members. Four official members include Tax Department Secretary,Additional Secretary to Finance, Additional Secretary to Labor Department and State Lottery Director. Seven persons appointed by the government order representing the position of state lotteries agents and sellers are regarded as informal members. One of the seven non-official members is appointed by the government as the chairman of the board.
The Director of State Lotteries Department is the Chief Executive Officer of the State Lotteries Welfare Fund Board. Under him functions a Head office headed by State Lottery Welfare Fund Officer (District Lottery Officer appointed on other service provision by Lottery Department), 14 State Welfare fund Offices headed by 14 District Lottery Welfare Officers (Assistant District Lottery Officers appointed on other service provision by Lottery Department).
The Welfare Fund Act conditions for the government’s contribution to the welfare fund as per the total turnover of Kerala State Lottery. Accordingly, the government is allocating one percent of the total turnover of Kerala lottery towards the promotion of the state lotteries and sellers through the welfare scheme. Lottery agent or seller who purchases and sells the state lottery tickets for the amount of Rs 10,000/- per month or 30,000 Rs quarterly can subscribe to the welfare fund by paying Rs 50/– per month and subsequently retain the membership by paying Rs 50/– per month. There are at present over 50000 members in the Welfare Fund Board which has commenced with 2000 members.An amount of up to Rs 3,000/– per annum for members of Welfare Fund for treatment assistance, Rs 20,000/– as special treatment scheme for those members undergoing treatment of serious diseases, Rs 5,000/- for marriage assistance scheme, Rs 5,000/- as marriage assistance for the daughters of members and for women members, scholarship scheme upto Rs 25,000/– for the children of the members pursuing higher studies, to provide educational awards for the children of members acquiring high marks in SSLC and HSC exams, posthumous financial assistance scheme for the dependents of those with natural death and Rs 1,00,000/- for those with accidental death. Along with this, pensions, family pension, pension for diseased person, uniform, beach umbrella, tri-scooter for handicapped members are also granted as per Welfare fund notification. In addition to this, an amount is sanctioned every year as Onam allowance to members and pensioners according to the government rule.
HOW TO APPLY
Welfare Fund Membership
· Members who wish to take membership should be between the ages of 18 and 60.
· Those who buy tickets and do monthly sales of Rs 10,000/- or quarterly sales of Rs 30,000/- are eligible.
· Salesperson who are interested in joining have to get ticket account book from the District Lottery Welfare Office for Rs 25/- and details of the tickets bought from the approved agents and recorded by them.
· Application forms are available from the District Lottery Welfare Fund Offices. The registration fee of Rs 25/- and other documents should be submitted to the District Lottery Welfare Officer.
Documents to be Produced
· A certificate from the District Lottery Officer approving the lottery agents to buy tickets for a specific amount.
· Form No. 1 is to be submitted by the sales applicants along with the recommendation of the Employees Association. The agent’s certificate of Form No. 2 should also be produced along with the above.
· A copy of any of the following – Voter’s Identity Card, Passport, PAN Card, Driving License, Ration Card, SSLC Book, School Admission Register – to prove the age group attested by Gazetted Officer or any of the doctors who are not below Assistant Surgeon.
· Five passport size photographs.
· The testimony that the welfare fund does not belong to the disadvantaged members is to be included in the application.
· The agents are required to pay Rs 25/- as registration fee, affiliation of first month of Rs 50/- and for being the seller along with the ticket account price of Rs 25/-, thus has to pay a total of Rs 100/-.
Monthly subscription is Rs 50/-. Monthly subscription can be directly paid at the District Lottery Welfare Office. Members can pay monthly subscription of 3 months in advance. After paying the subscription fee, the receipt can be produced and get signed in the passbook from the District Lottery Welfare Office.